Will Smith – 10 Rules of Success and Collection of Inspiring Quotes
Will Smith is an actor, producer, rapper, and songwriter. Newsweek called him “the most powerful actor in Hollywood” and he is the most bankable star worldwide according to Forbes.
Top 10 reasons for success from Will Smith
- Don’t listen to the little man.
- Where you are isn’t where you’re going to be
- Make a choice – we are who we choose to be
- Have a purpose – live in service to humanity, your family, your country and world – this is the purest form of joy.
- Be great
- Don’t be outworked – if you stay ready you don’t have to get ready
- Work on your skills
- Let fear motivate you
- Be amazing at what you do.
Let this 12 minute film of Will Smith will help empower you to live an even more beautiful and amazing life.
Credit: Evan Carmichael
Collection of Inspiring Quotes – Will Smith
- “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you.”
- “Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away”
- “Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real but fear is a choice.”
- “The two keys to life are running and reading. When you’re running, there’s a little person that talks to you and says, “Oh I’m tired. My lung’s about to pop. I’m so hurt. There’s no way I can possibly continue.” You want to quit. If you learn how to defeat that person when you’re running. You will know to not quit when things get hard in your life. For reading: there have been gazillions of people that have lived before all of us. There’s no new problem you could have–with your parents, with school, with a bully. There’s no new problem that someone hasn’t already had and written about it in a book.”
- “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to your. And stay.”
- “The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is I’m not afraid to die on a treadmill. I will not be out-worked, period. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, you might be sexier than me, you might be all of those things you got it on me in nine categories. But if we get on the treadmill together, there’s two things: You’re getting off first, or I’m going to die. It’s really that simple.”
- “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions”
- “Never underestimate the pain of a person, because in all honesty, everyone is struggling. Some people are just better at hiding it than others.”
- “Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.”
- “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.”
- “There’s no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A.”
- “The separation of talent and skill is one of the greatest misunderstood concepts for people who are trying to excel, who have dreams, who want to do things. Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.”
- “If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better.”
- “Life isn’t how many breaths you take, but it’s the moments that take your breath away.”
- “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.”
- “You can’t be scared to die for the truth. The truth is the only thing that is ever going to be constant.”
- “I want to be the person that is the first person there and the last person to leave. That’s who I want to be, because I think the road to success is through commitment, and through the strength to drive through that commitment when it gets hard. And it is going to get hard and you’re going to want to quit sometimes, but it’ll be colored by who you are, and more who you want to be.”
- You’re not going to out-work me. It’s such a simple, basic concept. The guy who is willing to hustle the most is going to be the guy that just gets that loose ball. The majority of people who aren’t getting the places they want or aren’t achieving the things that they want in this business is strictly based on hustle. It’s strictly based on being out-worked; it’s strictly based on missing crucial opportunities. I say all the time if you stay ready, you ain’t gotta get ready.”
- “Running and reading are the keys of life.”
- “Danger is real, fear is a choice”
- “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people, the ones who really belong in your life, will come to you & stay.”
- “Greatness is not this wonderful, esoteric, elusive, godlike feature that only the special among us will ever taste, it’s something that truly exists in all of us.”
- “I believe you need to be educated about what you want to do in life, but I don’t believe you actually need college to get you there.”
- “If you’re absent during my struggle, don’t expect to be present during my success”
What one principle of Will’s can you take to apply to your life today?