20 scientific reasons to meditate
Meditation has become trendy but in essence it is a thousand year old practice of calming the mind and halting day to day stressors. In doing so, it benefits every area of your life.
Here is a quick summary of 20 scientific reasons to start meditating:
- Boost your immune system (which helps to fight disease)
- Decreases pain
- Decreases depression
- Increases feelings of happiness –increases positive emotions
- Improves memory
- Decreases anxiety
- Decreases stress
- Makes you fitter – get more out of your workout
- Can help you lose weight
- Is anti-aging
- Helps you be a better person (kinder and more social)
- Increases emotional intelligence and social connection
- Makes you more compassionate
- Makes you feel less lonely
- Helps you sleep better
- Makes you more focused
- Relieve headaches
- Gives you a healthier heart
- Makes you more creative
- Makes you wiser!
This great infographic is a great resource to easily identifying all the numerous benefits.
There are so many good reasons to start meditating. Make a difference to your life and start meditating today!